Miss Pernette Grenat, a bourgeois born in Evian, gave her name to this establishment when, in 1355, she bequeathed it and the rest of her possessions to the hospice-hospital founded just a few years before.
Encouraged by the Dukes of Savoy and the papacy, and thanks to the people of Evian’s bequests, the establishment rapidly prospered. It welcomed passing pilgrims to the hospice and provided treatment to the city’s poor bourgeois in the hospital. After several restorations, the last of which was conducted from 1864 to 1867, the façade has ogee-style openings on the ground floor, mullioned windows in the upper floors and a square clock tower topped with a hip-slate roof. This building, with the doors holding the city’s coat of arms, was Evian’s City Hall from the middle of the 19th century to 1927.
All year round, daily.
Rue de la Source de Clermont