Opening the railway line Paris-Lyon-Mediterranean in June 1882 was a milestone for the resort’s future. Evian was now connected to main railway lines in France via Annemasse and Thonon.
Tourists came flocking to the region, passing from 3,700 visitors in 1879 to 6,000 in 1883. The extension of the railway line to the east, the Tonkin line, created the connection to the Swiss network four years later. Inside the station, an impressive glass roof with a metallic structure, probably installed in 1908, overlooks the platforms and tracks. It was entirely renovated in 2010 within the framework of a regional remarkable-heritage project.
All year round, daily.
Rue de la Source de Clermont